Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Electrical Workshop Technician to join our Test & Validation department. This is a hybrid role split between Warwickshire, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Interpret electrical harness designs and plan or build prototype harness parts
- Plan and execute rig and test asset updates
- Procure and store required tools and materials to support prototype harness builds and rig updates
- Plan tool calibration and maintenance
- Support containments or prototype part installations on engineering vehicles or rigs
- Build mechanical fixtures as required by electrical team
- Define and maintain facilities requirements on operating space, equipment, PPE to support vehicle development programs
- Manage all elements of H&S related to electrical workshop activities addressing risk assessments and defining method statements for work activities.
- Introduce and maintain a 5S methodology for workshop area.
We would like you to have:
- Leadership role in a workshop environment
- Wiring harness manufacturing and maintenance including crimping, de-pinning and splicing and sealing.
- Interpreting electrical wiring harness drawings and electrical schematics
- Circuit testing
- Experience of managing H&S elements with ability to define and establish risk assessments and method statements
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft 365
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.