Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Electrical team.
This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Responsible for evaluating product cyber security risk to road users and proposing solutions.
- Analyse vulnerabilities and develop Cyber Security TARA together with product team, supporting or leading as necessary.
- Re-evaluate and maintain TARA as assumptions, information, and designs change.
- Identify Cyber Security goals and requirements and define appropriate controls.
- Develop incident response plans.
- Track milestones, progress, dependencies, and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders and establish metrics to measure and monitor progress.
We would like you to have:
- Competence (gained through education, training or working experience) in developing Cyber Security TARA according to industry standards, e.g. ISO/SAE 21434, SAE J3061 or similar
- Product development domain knowledge such as gained from working in an automotive, aerospace, maritime, medical, embedded electronics environment or similar
- Curious and inquisitive mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to understand, explain and communicate complex concepts
- Communications: Deliver technical & complex documentation & feedback to senior decision makers for review. Convince stakeholders with work produced.
- Style: Flexible to work in fast paced development environment. Tenacious to convince stakeholders of the results and need.
- Management: Time & project management, able to plan and deliver work according to requirements.
- Potential/ Stretch: Involvement in defining ways of working & contributing to Volta’s cybersecurity roadmap
- Motivation: Embraces problem solving, developing innovative solutions & working towards a better, safer world
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.