Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Customs & Compliance Coordinator to join our rapidly growing supply chain team. The role will be based in Austria and can be remote but with frequent travel to our manufacturing partners facility in Steyr along with occasional travel to the UK.
What you will do:
You will have responsibility within the logistics team for day-to-day support and coordination of customs and compliance procedures across the EU. You will work closely and collaborate with the entire logistics department and ensure import/export processes are followed and commercial documentation is accurate before the release of goods. You will also be responsible for:
- Support the Customs Specialist day-to-day and assisting with future requests for simplified procedures and official agreements
- Supporting on customs declaration collection from our customs broker partner and help chase long term suppliers’ declarations for the certification of our procurements
- Evaluate and recommend new customs/trade compliance opportunities to enhance business performance
- Ensure documentation presented by suppliers is accurate and manage accordingly
- Develop and implement import/export processes to support compliant customs declarations, payment of customs duties and taxes and ease of goods movement through border control points
We would like you to have:
- Experience within customs and compliance is essential
- Good knowledge of customs broker agencies within Austria is desirable
- Familiar with Rules of Origin, HS codes and free trade agreement
- Experience within the automotive industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge and exposure of Import/Export procedures within the EU along with VAT obligations
- You must be fluent in German (reading and writing)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change.
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.