Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our Cloud team. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading and remote working.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the digitalization of the business and digital products development strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will work within the Digital Experience Department reporting to the Principal for Cloud Development. You will deliver architecture for the Volta digital products ecosystem. You will interface with internal and external stakeholders:
- Develop well architected cloud solutions for digital products and vehicle end to end features (e.g. OTA), optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security
- Deliver a data flow strategy that optimize data sharing across digital applications and backend logic avoiding data redundancy
- Ability to formulate requirements for cloud architecture with security in perspective
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and support data repositories
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build the high-level design and deliver multi-cloud and containerized solutions
- Define strategy for logic reusability across multiple applications
- Document architectures, industry standards and decisions using Volta tools
We would like you to have:
- Knowledge of security concept in the cloud (e.g. firewall, MITMA, tokenization, DDoS etc.)
- Experience in networks bespoke solutions: Load balancer (L4 -L7), APIs gateway, Authorization & Authentication modules (OAuth2, OpenID, SAML etc.), Active Directory, etc.
- Strong experience implementing ISAE3402 (SOC2), GPDR, OWASP compliances
- Experience architecting data management solutions using Azure Data Services
- Experience with complex system design and deployment, inclusive of runtime ecosystems, storage systems, and networking
- Hold Azure Certification, ideally Azure Solutions Architect Expert. Understanding of AWS/GCP as a second platform would be beneficial
- Develop Infrastructure as Code with technologies and container technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.