Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Lead CAE Engineer to join our CAE (within Vehicle Integration) department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Define and carry out FEA simulation (or hand calcs where appropriate) to develop new products to meet attribute targets including Durability, NVH and Safety
- Define and carry out FEA simulation (or hand calcs where appropriate) to develop new products to meet commodity targets including stiffness, strength and modal performance
- Develop CAE processes to ensure robust, repeatable and efficient simulation is being carried out across the team
- Assist in the development of new targets and challenge existing targets where appropriate to ensure Volta’s products meet the requirements of our customers.
- Carry out correlation activities to improve confidence and predictability of our simulations
- Own and manage simulation tasks including some level of management of other engineers
We would like you to have:
- A significant level of work experience and understanding of at least one of our main areas of attribute simulation - Durability, NVH or Safety
- Working knowledge of Ansys LS-DYNA or Altair Optistruct, ideally both
- Own and manage simulation tasks including some level of budgetary responsibility and management of other engineers
- At least ten years of experience working in CAE for an automotive OEM or consultancy
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.