Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our Legal department. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working, travel to our UK office in Reading and occasional travel to other Volta Truck sites when needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and innovative electric mobility scale-up with a purpose-based mission of driving urban decarbonisation. You’ll be joining a newly created department where you will have the opportunity to help build the legal function, support/facilitate company growth while protecting the company’s interests.
What you will do:
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will take ownership for providing sound and effective advice on corporate law matters for Volta Trucks and provide support to the General Counsel on strategic matters.
- Provide pragmatic and commercially focused legal advice, guidance, and support on all operational corporate matters
- Advise on legal aspects of the company’s financing activities and corporate structure considerations, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities
- Supporting the team and playing a key role in investor and shareholder relations
- Advise on legal aspects of Share options/ESOP programme
- Proactively identify potential legal risks, formulate and communicate compliant and practical solutions that meet corporate strategic objectives and priorities
- Support with ad-hoc corporate matters including structuring and transactions
- Supervise outside counsel and related budgets and efficiently manage the company’s legal activities and minimise risk for the business
We would like you to have:
- Qualified lawyer with extensive experience as an in-house counsel or with a law firm (In-house experience is preferred)
- In-house experience within high-growth, innovative companies is highly desirable
- Proven senior stakeholder management experience – Investors, shareholders, C-Suite and senior leadership
- Previous experience within automotive, mobility, construction, energy or infrastructure would be advantageous
- Ability to work with international and cross-functional teams both internally and externally
- Spoken and written English is mandatory – additional languages are desirable
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.