Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Body Electronics Test & Validation Engineer to join our Electrical Validation Department. This role will be based onsite in our Midlands office.
What you will do:
- Support in the development and maintenance of HIL Rig for Body Electronics and Systems.
- Use of requirement Management tool to review Body systems requirements, classify and tagging of the requirements to the respective test asset Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Writing Test Procedure against Component /System requirements
- Classify the Test Procedure between Manual and Automated Test cases, development of Test Cases in VT Studio with the use of CAPL scripting and/or dSPACE tool chain.
- Perform Manual/Automation testing in the BODY RIG using VT system. (BODY RIG consists of security system, door mechanisms, HVAC, wash/wipe system and lighting systems).
- Analysis of Test Results, creating Test Report and issue management.
- Raising Issue tickets and presenting issues in Daily/Weekly System level meetings.
- Execute test cases in multiple assets like DV vehicles and other closed loop HIL systems.
- Analyse issues in HIL Set up in terms of communication/connections and identify solutions to make sure HIL/RIG set up is running smooth.
- Building Test automation capability to ensure Body regression testing is carried out at each Platform in terms of Vehicle Timing Plan.
We would like you to have:
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Ideally a minimum of 2+ years of experience in Automotive Testing.
- Experience in development of Hardware In the Loop (HiL) test benches in Body Systems using Vector VT systems and/or dSPACE Scalexio
- Exposure to wiring harness design and development
- Good Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, aimed at development of models for Body control Module (BCM)
- Must have knowledge in Automotive communication protocols like CAN, LIN. (Ethernet Knowledge – Desirable).
- Knowledge of Vehicle Diagnostics desirable.
- Knowledge of body systems – security, doors, HVAC, Wash/Wiper, lighting desirable
- Must have experience in Automotive requirement management which includes understanding of component/System level requirements, derivation of “Design Verification Method” and “Design Verification Procedure”.
- Experience in automation of software testing toolchains (vTestStudio and/or Automation Desk)
- Experience in CANalyzer/CANOE
- Experience in programming Language like Python, C, C++ desirable
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to work in a team
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.