Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Product Launch Team Lead to us at our contract manufacturing facility in Steyr, Austria. Within this role you will guide a team of 11 multi-discipline Engineers through problem solving to ensure issues are contained and developed into countermeasures. Interfacing with all areas of the business to, the Launch Team will complement the existing contract manufacturer processes and systems, you will be managing a cross functional team through the pre-production build series in support of achieving the quality and delivery objectives of each programme.
This is a permanent opportunity, leading our Product Launch team, overseeing all current and future product launches for Volta.
The salary for this role starts from €68,000+
What you will do:
- Leading the Launch team to understand and react to the main issues affecting the pre-production builds
- Defining how the Launch Team function and document best practice
- Supporting the team through concern analysis, reaction and management of the containment activities required to help ensure build success
- Co-ordinating and providing required training to the team, helping them become experts in their area of focus for truck systems
- Guiding the team to utilise the Concern Management (CM) system to best effect for both containment and then resolution across the wider business
- Providing a daily status report to the business and escalate any issues where the effects cannot be contained
We would like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of product development cycles and managing vehicle launch processes, ideally in a contract manufacturing environment
- Understanding of vehicle structure, software architecture, systems, components, and an ability to problem solve on vehicle
- An ability to analyse requirements, models and drawings in support of problem solving
- A flexible hands-on approach with the ability to react and communicate according to the severity of the effect on the build
- A strong analytical mindset, excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with great organizational skills that have been applied cross functionally to influence great results
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.