Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an EDS Field Support Engineer to join our Electrical and Powertrain. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business. The main purpose of the role is to diagnose and help to resolve EDS issues on Volta’s trucks across all phases of the development cycle.
What you will do:
- Maintain a strong level of knowledge of the vehicle’s electrical and software systems and architecture, with a particular focus on EDS
- Willingness to travel and be present at the location wherever issues are raised (domestic and international)
- Be the ‘first responder’ to either diagnose and solve issues or collect the appropriate data/measurements for collaborative investigation with internal specialists and suppliers
- Contribute to the documentation of investigation techniques to distribute knowledge within the team
- Experience debugging automotive electrical systems (preferably EVs)
- Experience of checking physical harness condition against circuit diagrams and harness drawings
- Knowledge of the EDS design and manufacturing processes
- Ability to identify and problem solve; continuity issues, connector pin-out issues, harness build quality issues, harness length or clipping issues etc.
We would like you to have:
- Qualified at IMI Level 4 or SAP level for working on HV systems
- High level knowledge of automotive communication protocols – CAN & LIN
- Hands on experience of vehicle data logging and analysis using Vector CANalyzer
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and drawings
- Experience interpreting system level software requirements
- Experience with EV electrical and network architectures
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.