Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager – Body & Chassis to join our Purchasing Department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for managing the production purchasing Body & chassis areas for Volta Trucks. This will be across several vehicles and commodities, and you will also manage the end-to-end production purchasing process including strategic sourcing, prototype build and launch activity. In coordination with the Volta Engineering team this role will focus on developing long lasting relationships, contracting and supply chain management to ensure programme and business objectives are met.
• Lead and develop a team that will consist of 2 direct reports and up to 24 indirect
• Manage end to end process for production purchasing (sourcing, nomination, supplier industrialisation, launch and in cycle activity) in line with program objectives
• Responsible for resourcing and organisational management activities
• Play a key role in developing a supply chain strategy to support mid to long term business goals and global growth
• Responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships ensuring these deliver global tangible benefits
• Responsible for contract management, effective negotiation, and supplier performance management
We would like you to have:
• Broad Procurement experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive or commercial vehicle with a proven track record of managing several projects through to delivery
• Experienced negotiator with a proven track record of end-to-end supply base management (strategy, sourcing, delivery and ongoing management)
• Experienced in development and delivery of clear procurement strategies and ability to drive change within the business
• Strong influencing skills with experience of networking and developing relationships with all levels of an organisation up to and including C-Suite
• Strong communicator who has excellent analytical skills and the ability to simplify complex data and effectively communicate to the wider business
• Experience building and leading high performing teams
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.