Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Business Counsel to join our Legal department. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working, travel to our UK office in Reading and occasional travel to other Volta Truck sites when needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and innovative electric mobility scale-up with a purpose-based mission of driving urban decarbonisation. You’ll be joining a newly created department where you will have the opportunity to help build the legal function, support/facilitate company growth while protecting the company’s interests.
What you will do:
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will be the lead counsel supporting in-country leadership and support functions such as our sales, commercial and Truck-as-a-Service (TaaS) operations. You will also be responsible for:
- Providing support to the General Counsel on all legal matters affecting Volta Trucks operations in the markets we operate in
- Proactively identifying and advising on legal, commercial and compliance risk
- Advising on strategic matters relating to the country operations of Volta Trucks including manufacturing, data privacy, compliance, litigation issues and local implementation of company wide governance best practices
- Working in collaboration with the General Counsel and in parallel with legal team colleagues to assist with local sales and TaaS negotiations and contract localisation initiatives
- Providing support on contracting to teams in the markets in which we operate, and to continuously improve forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate contracting processes
We would like you to have:
- Qualified lawyer with extensive experience as an in-house counsel or with a law firm (In-house is highly desirable)
- In-house experience within high-growth, innovative companies is highly desirable
- Previous experience within automotive, mobility, construction, energy or infrastructure would be advantageous
- Ability to work with international and cross-functional teams both internally and externally
- Spoken and written English is mandatory – additional languages are desirable
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.