Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a EDS Project Lead to join our Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) department.
This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Manage our build-to-print EDS supplier from initial concepts and request for quotation through to series production
- Create EDS timing plans for the specific project, identify key milestones, track progress and highlight risks. Work with other teams within Volta to create a joined-up timing plan.
- Drive progress through all aspects of the development life cycle including requirements, standards, attribute definition, FMEA and DVP
- Manage the release of EDS components, such as wiring harnesses, high voltage cables and power distribution units in the Volta releasing system
- Create RFQs for external test house
- Feedback test results to internal teams and track issue resolution
- Conduct factory audits and design reviews at supplier’s facility
- Support the early stages of the vehicle assembly and track EDS issues through to resolution.
- Track progress of device transmittals
- Manage offshore resources to deliver 2D harness drawings and DSI files
- Ensure correct EDS bill of materials at vehicle level
- Track EDS issues, ensure correct route cause analysis, identify temporary fixes and permanent corrective actions
We would like you to have:
- Experience managing EDS suppliers, either at an OEM with a build to print supplier, or at a tier 1 supplier.
- Demonstrable understanding of EDS lead times and key milestones
- Good understanding of EDS system design, including fusing, grounding and network topologies
- Good understanding of EDS routing and packaging
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English
- Ability to lead stakeholder meetings and drive resolution of issues
- Ability to communicate in detail specific issues with the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
Our culture and Valued Behaviours:
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.