Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Launch Engineer - Chassis to us at our contract manufacturing facility in Steyr, Austria. Working within a multi-discipline team of skilled Engineers, you will be responsible for problem solving issues, manage the containment and ensure countermeasures are developed through the core engineering team.
This is a permanent opportunity, working within our Product Launch team and playing a key role in all current and future product launches for Volta.
The salary for this role starts from €55,250+
What you will do:
- Be the key engineer for Launch in our contract manufacturer for Chassis Engineering
- Conducting analysis of concerns, determine the causal factors and the containment required to allow the build to proceed. Communicate with the core UK team for support as required
- Documenting the rework requirements and manage the robust implementation of that and any associated deviations or concessions
- Using the Concern Management (CM) system to fully document the issues, deviations, any progress and to ensure a robust link to the resolution of issues by the core teams
We would like you to have:
- Knowledge of Chassis components and root cause analysis in an engineering or manufacturing function
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment to include engineering, quality, purchasing and manufacturing
- Proficient in using problem solving (specifically 8D/PPS) tools & change management processes in a relevant industry
- Ability to view, manipulate, interpret 2D/3D component part drawings using CATIA V6 and understanding of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- An understanding of assembly techniques, particularly on bolt joint assemblies including torque practices, fasteners etc
- Able to review and sign off assembly processes in sequencing of build and Quality checks related to significant and critical characteristics
- Verify and confirm routings (airline, hydraulic) etc are installed according to eng design CAD and resolve variations
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.