Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Charging Solution Project Manager - Germany to join our Charging Infrastructure department. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and play a crucial role in shaping the short- and long-term contract frameworks for key business areas relating to customers, suppliers, partnerships, service providers and commercial.
What you will do:
As a Charging Solution Project Manager, you will pilot electrical vehicle charging infrastructure installation projects, to support our fast-growing TaaS (Truck as a Service) team, define project planning and supervise the execution, control quality and budget, solve problems, make reporting and escalations.
- Work with Solution Engineer to create, develop, and implement an installation plan that can be rolled out across the existing infrastructure.
- Establish subcontract plan with partner for the site installation.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to obtain the necessary services at optimised costs and resolve challenges.
- Define project plan and costs for the site installation development.
- Work closely with Customer, Sales, and suppliers to optimize installation of charging stations for our electric vehicles.
- Collaborate with Real estate team, Maintenance and Service team and Finance team to optimize charging solution and energy plan for operational phase.
- Create and implement improved project management procedures and workflows for charging solution projects.
We would like you to have :
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering background, good understanding of electrical systems (EV charging, EVSE).
- Extensive Project Management experience with hands-on field project management.
- Experience of managing complex customer projects, and pilot partners and subcontractors.
- Tailored communication with management, customer, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced or native level of English, other language like German / French / Spanish is a plus.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.