Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Internal Communications Manager to support its ambition to expand rapidly into new markets. This is an opportunity to join our marketing team based in Reading with hybrid working and opportunity to be part time if required.
What you will do:
To oversee and manage the channels and content of internal communication, to ensure that all employees within our fast-scaling company know what they need to know, when they need to know it, as well as a clear understanding of the company’s vision and the role they play in achieving it, to maximise their motivation and contribution to the company’s success.
• Design and implement an effective internal communication strategy that supports and builds our corporate culture of putting people / employees at the heart of everything we do, and acting with speed, scale and focus.
• Oversee and manage (with other IT stakeholders) all of the channels of communication that the company uses to keep employees informed and engaged on our journey.
• Interface with HR and all other internal departments to ensure that internal communication materials and channels are as effective as possible, and maximising employee engagement
• Maintain the repository of corporate presentations so that all employees are using up-to-date and relevant materials in company presentations.
We would like you to have:
• Experience managing and overseeing internal communication channels
• Proven ability to create effective communication campaigns for a broad range of audiences
• Collaborative mindset to ensure campaigns are joined up and aligned regionally and globally
• Proven experience of providing strategic communication advice and guidance
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.