Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our Product – Body & Trim department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Be capable of working on and delivering simple to complex designs of parts and systems
- Responsible for defining the best ways to work within CAD, setting standards within the team and writing guides to document best practices
- Be integral within the team and capable of mentoring and developing team members
- Responsible for the 3D/2D CAD design development, execution, and delivery of all assigned parts/commodities to key program dates
- Ensure that parts designed must meet their functional, cost and weight requirements
- Responsible for the 3D modelling of structural parts with PMI and/or 2D drawing creation.
- Be integral in interactions with the CAE team and interpret results to meet all simulation requirements including but not limited to Regulatory (Certification), Safety, NVH, thermal, Deflection, Durability, Abuse and Fatigue.
We would like you to have:
- Likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- An expert CAD user, ideally experienced in Catia V5/6 Enovia 3DX who has ideally used CAE analysis tools
- Experience in Automotive or Cargo Box coach building.
- Experience in time and task management tools would be beneficial.
- Expert communicator and able to work with colleagues and suppliers to produce the desired outcome.
- Demonstrable experience in being part of Agile teams.
- Technical capability to cover roles of team members would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of joining technologies including: Bonding, bolted joints, rivets and Welding.
- Experienced in materials and finishes including: Sandwich panels, aluminium alloys, steel alloys, composites, e-coat and anodising
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.