Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking to recruit a number of Quality Engineers to expand their Launch team in Steyr, Austria in the following areas-:
• Cab Exterior & Structure
• Cab Trim Interior
• Diagnostics & SWDL
• Powertrain & Thermal
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and play a crucial role within the launch team in shaping the short- and long-term contract frameworks for key business areas relating to customers, suppliers, partnerships, service providers and commercial.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Senior Product Launch Manager, this role will support the pre-production build series at the relevant manufacturing site to achieve the quality and delivery objectives according to the phase of each programme. You will be operating in a cross functional environment, working alongside Engineering, Quality, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
• Be responsible for all aspects as a subject matter expert for the commodity
• Supporting the core engineering team in the development cycle during the programme stage and complexity of build.
• Coaching and training on relevant systems to the Austrian Launch team
Supporting the Austrian based Launch Team to problem solve issues on vehicles
• Using the Concern Management (CM) system to drive the countermeasure of issues by the core engineering teams.
• Providing short term support to the Launch Team in Austria according to the programme phase
We would like you to have:
• Experience of a commodity within an engineering or manufacturing function.
• Root cause analysis Experience in an automotive or relevant manufacturing environment (desirable)
• Experience of using problem solving (specifically 8D/PPS)
• Ability to view, interpret and analyse 2D/3D component part drawings using CATIA V6 in support of problem solving (desirable)
• Specific demonstrable understanding of GD&T(desirable)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.