Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a HGV Field Technician Lead.
You will be servicing & maintaining the Volta Zero - the worlds first purpose-built full-electric 16-tone commercial vehicle created specifically for urban freight distribution.
What you will do:
• Lead a Team of field Technicians to ensure Volta Trucks Service process steps are followed and adhered to.
• Plan and control the servicing, repairs and breakdowns to meet Service support requirements in the field
• Supervise a team of technicians ensuring the technicians are briefed on job requirements and work is carried out efficiently
• From time to time - assistant with vehicle servicing and repairs when the Team is busy
• Supervise the use of the field technician’s response vehicles/MSU’s
• Capture, process and review work-in-progress/WIP daily with the field technicians Team and provide timely updates on progress to customers where applicable
• Priorities Call Centre breakdown requests for roadside breakdowns support
• Inspect all completed service sheets and job cards as per Volta Trucks guidelines and report all defects to the Service Operations Team at Volta Trucks to communicate findings to the customer
We would like you to have:
• Workshop foreman and or Controller experience from within the Automotive sector of Commercial vehicles
• Good communication skills both written and verbal. An additional language such as English would-be a plus.
• Good technical knowledge of HGV Trucks, License regulations and laws
• Experience working with Microsoft Office suite, systems, and Dealer management systems and programs
• The confidence and gravitas to work closely with key stakeholders and customers, both internal and external
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.