Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Electrical Systems Support Engineer to join our Electrical and Powertrain Technical Support Department. The role is flexible with a mix of onsite working at the manufacturing facility and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business. The main purpose of the role is to diagnose and help to resolve issues within the Electrical and Powertrain domain on Volta’s trucks across all phases of the development cycle.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Technical Support Lead, this role will be to support and provide expertise on processes and issues in the Electrical and Powertrain function onsite at the manufacturing facility.
• Diagnosing and solving issues whilst collecting the data and measurements to support the on-going investigations.
• Supporting Root Cause Analysis of issues across Europe
• Facilitating efficient resolution of any issues with the Electrical and Powertrain systems at the commissioning stage.
• Contributing and developing the documentation of investigation techniques to deliver knowledge within the wider team
• Managing and assisting with introduction of new commissioning processes
• Maintaining a strong level of knowledge of the vehicle’s electrical and software systems and architecture.
We would like you to have:
• Knowledge of automotive communication protocols i.e., CAN & LIN.
• Experience with debugging automotive electrical systems.
• Awareness of EV architectures and components.
• Reading and interpreting electrical schematics and architectures.
• Analysis of vehicle behaviour in relation to system requirements
• Experience with Vector analysis and prototype development (desirable)
• Experience working in automotive or heavy commercial vehicles (desirable)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.