We are looking for a Senior Vehicle Network Architect to join our rapidly growing Electrical Engineering team. This role is a hybrid position split between our office in Reading and Remote working. .
We're working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day. We’re creating the world's safest commercial vehicles by reimagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users. Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change.
You will be instrumental in all aspects of EE Architecture Network design. You will be working hands-on yourself with the implementation plus with outsourced partners and suppliers to deliver the network design. The EE Architecture Networks will be developed in accordance with the various industry standards for security and safety. You will ensure the network architecture design is robust, safe and flexible from initial concept though to series production and beyond.
We would like you to:
- Design signals, frames and PDUs for all LIN, CAN and Ethernet networks according to system requirements
- Manage and track the implementation of changes using a ticketing system for traceability
- Develop and maintain the Electrical Engineering architecture networks required to satisfy the security and safety requirements
- Review and provide feedback on off the shelf components requiring communication on LIN or CAN
- Contribute to defining the network standards to be used within the network design team and to support system and component owners to deliver them
We would like you to have:
- Proven Automotive engineering experience in Electrical Engineering architecture network design.
- Experience in EE architecture design tools for communication networks (PREEvision preferable).
- Comprehensive understanding of the LIN, CAN & Ethernet standards.
- Understanding and working experience with AUTOSAR.
- Experience with ECU software integration tools (e.g. Vector DaVinci).
A typical Volta Trucks person:
- Thinks and acts in a non traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.
What working here will be like:
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don't have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication.