Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for Body Senior Production Buyer.
Reporting into the Body Principal Buyer you will be responsible for developing, sourcing and managing the supply base within the Body commodity group for Volta Trucks. You may also be required to assist and be involved in other areas. As Senior Buyer you will play a key role in negotiating terms and strong service agreements whilst building sustainable and robust long term supplier relationships.
What you will do:
- Manage multiple sourcing projects, during the sourcing and delivery phase, to meet programme requirements
- Support, coach and mentor junior colleagues across the department and enable development and growth
- Support the development and execution of purchasing strategies
- Lead supplier engagement, sourcing and contract management (for prototype and production supply base)
- Manage supplier performance and support the quality department with supplier approvals and identify potential risks
- Work closely with key cross functional teams to ensure transparency, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions in the best interest of the business
- Develop supplier relationships to deliver mutual benefits
We would like you to have:
- Significant procurement experience within manufacturing – preferably automotive
- A proven track record of end to end supply base management - strategy, sourcing, delivery and ongoing management.
- Category management experience, strong analytical skills and the ability to simplify complex data
- Experience of financial and quality supplier qualification processes
- Understanding of key cost drivers in manufacturing processes
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.