Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Product – Body & Trim department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Accountable for the 3D/2D CAD design development, release and delivery of all assigned parts/commodities to key program dates
- Accountable to ensure that parts functional, cost and weight requirements are defined and orderly cascaded to the team
- Accountable for the cost and weight targets being met for the system/commodities as a whole within your responsibilities
- Accountable for developing a HLP and tracking timing of key activities that are important to the program and/or deliver of the parts within your remit
- Accountable for all Concern Management (faults) that effect your parts/commodities, target to contain these within 24hrs and close robustly at the earliest opportunity
- Accountable for the BoM for the parts/commodities and ensure all required attributes are present and correct at all times of development
We would like you to have:
- Likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- CAD user, ideally experienced in Catia V6 Enovia 3DX.
- Experienced in Automotive or Cargo Box coach building with 7+years experience.
- Experienced in management of team/s.
- Experienced in Leading Automotive program Design Engineering projects from cradle to grave.
- Experienced in using CAE to (identify early risks and design issues) develop a robust design to meet requirements ahead of critical release phases
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.