Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Logistics Engineer - Inbound to join our fast-growing Logistics and supply chain function. This is a hybrid role split between remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Steyr, Austria.
What you will do:
Reporting into Inbound Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for developing inbound transport networks and special arrangements against Volta Trucks production site.
- Developing new transport setups related to projects, relocations of suppliers and running optimisations
- Reviewing existing set ups as to improving both cost and environmental footprint
- Managing special project like implementations of unique set ups and support in launch phases on inbound transport task in co-operation with other departments and stakeholders
- Contribute to team and logistics general knowledge level within hazardous goods handling
- Apply continuous improvement to all aspects of the role
We would like you to have:
- A strong understanding and experience within transport management systems and transport networks is essential
- Ability to work independently of other but in co- operations in teams against set targets
- Previous experience within inbound logistics
- Must have a practical and proactive hands on approach to all aspects the role
- Experience within automotive or manufacturing is preferred
- Previous experience within SAP or similar systems
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.