Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Launch Engineer - Powertrain and Thermal to us at our contract manufacturing facility in Steyr, Austria. Working within a multi-discipline team of skilled Engineers, you will be responsible for problem solving issues, manage the containment and ensure countermeasures are developed through the core engineering team.
This is a permanent opportunity, working within our Product Launch team and playing a key role in all current and future product launches for Volta.
The salary for this role starts from €55,250+
What you will do:
- Be the key engineer for Launch in our contract manufacturer for Powertrain and Thermal
- Conducting analysis of concerns, determine the causal factors and the containment required to allow the build to proceed. Communicate with the core UK team for support as required
- Documenting the rework requirements and manage the robust implementation of that and any associated deviations or concessions
- Using the Concern Management (CM) system to fully document the issues, deviations, any progress and to ensure a robust link to the resolution of issues by the core teams
We would like you to have:
- Cross functional knowledge of eDrive systems to support on eAxle and powertrain components
- Experience working on mechanical drivetrain components and ePowertrain motor/inverter systems
- Ability to diagnose, Root Cause Analyse and support on component and system issues.
- Experience using Vector tools to interrogate component and system behaviour.
- Experience of commercial vehicle air brake systems and/or power steering systems.
- Experience of Thermal Systems
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.