Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Head of Contracts to join our Legal department. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working, travel to our UK office in Reading and occasional travel to other Volta Truck sites when needed. We are flexible on the location of this role (UK, France, Germany, Sweden).
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and innovative electric mobility scale-up with a purpose-based mission of driving urban decarbonisation. You’ll be joining a newly created department where you will have the opportunity to help build the legal function, support/facilitate company growth while protecting the company’s interests.
What you will do:
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will lead the contracting function (Supporting business areas such as TaaS, Sales and Procurement) within the legal team.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including sales, services, vendor, supplier, data use and licensing agreements
- Refine, evolve and augment existing commercial agreement standard terms and conditions to continually enable strategic business objectives
- Lead the development, implementation and enhancement of contracting processes, systems and tools
- Support the General Counsel in solving complex contracting issues and advise on other general contract matters
- Provide effective advice to the business on commercial legal issues and risks, as well as resolving legal issues and contract interpretation matters with a strong focus on business impact
We would like you to have:
- Qualified lawyer with extensive experience as an in-house counsel or with a law firm (In-house is highly desirable)
- In-house experience within high-growth, innovative companies is highly desirable
- Previous experience within automotive, mobility, construction, energy or infrastructure would be advantageous
- Experience with advising on all operational and strategic contracting matters to support growth within expanding businesses
- Ability to work with international and cross-functional teams both internally and externally
- Spoken and written English is mandatory – additional languages are desirable
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.