Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Project Engineer to join our Product – Body & Trim department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Support the 3D/2D CAD design development, release and delivery of all assigned parts/commodities to key program dates
- Support to ensure that parts functional, cost and weight requirements are defined and orderly cascaded to the team
- Support the team in meeting the cost and weight targets for the system/commodities as a whole within your responsibilities
- Support in the development of the HLP and tracking timing of key activities that are important to the program and/or deliver of the parts within your remit
- Responsible for all Concern Management (faults) that effect your parts/commodities, target to contain these within 24hrs and close robustly at the earliest opportunity
- Responsible for the BoM for the parts/commodities and ensure all required attributes are present and correct at all times of development
- Responsible for change (CM-PREL) to the parts/commodities, create the change requests for the parts/commodities and manage them through the change process and to closure
We would like you to have:
- Likely to be degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- CAD user, ideally experienced in Catia V6 Enovia 3DX
- Experience in Automotive or Cargo Box coach building.
- Experience in program Design Engineering projects from cradle to grave.
- Experience in using CAE to (identify early risks and design issues) develop a robust design to meet the requirements ahead of critical release phases
- Experience in time and task management tools.
- Technical capability to cover roles of team members would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of joining technologies including: Bonding, bolted joints, rivets and Welding.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and finishes including: Sandwich panels, aluminium alloys, steel alloys, composites, e-coat and anodising
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.