Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Plant Quality Engineer to join our Quality Department. The role regular travel to Volta sites across Europe, occasional travel to our Head office in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and make a difference from day one by developing designed products including specification modifications to customer requirements.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Plant Quality Lead, you will be responsible for developing and installing quality requirements to achieve the highest standards of customer quality.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external functions to ensure successful delivery of manufacturing process capability.
• Reviewing, assessing, and developing quality manufacturing systems and technology capabilities
• Ensuring the vehicles meet quality specification and standards, including leading customer audits through the different phases.
• Manging and dealing with the concern management and complex concern analysis process whilst assisting problem solving (i.e 8D, 5Y)
• Evaluating and collating quality data to identify continuous improvement opportunities, including planning, implementation, change control, and verification following the PDCA approach
• Actively promoting a continuous improvement culture and approach i.e. lean, six-sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error proofing), measurement system analysis and FMEA
We would like you to have:
• Significant quality experience within manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
• Experience with using APQP phases and PPAP requirements within new product introduction
• Experienced in the development of required manufacturing quality documentation (i.e. FMEA, Inspection Standards, Control plan, Standard Work Instructions)
• Experienced in concern management and problem solving (i.e. 8D, 5Y) and demonstrated use of the quality tools (i.e. FTA, Control charts, Pareto)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.