Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Engineer – Weight Attribute to join our Vehicle Integration team. This role will be based on site at Mira in Nuneaton, Warwickshire
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Control Mass Reporting, from Concept start through to Engineering sign-off, supporting certification.
- Support future programme target sets, vehicle and system cascades
- Maintain regular contact with all commodity groups, ensure change control – weights are captured, and rejected where conflict to product target
- Drive mass reduction activities, working with CAE and other support functions to make recommendations for improvements
We would like you to have:
- Proven track record of ability to manage automotive weight trackers, similar industries considered (Aerospace, rail, etc.)
Familiar and confident to complete weight distribution and inertia calculations
Knowledge of xEV architecture and commodities required.
Previous experience in the utility/commercial/heavy vehicle sector is advantageous
Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with minimal direction, comfortable with the changing environment of early Program work
Experience of project management and task planning in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.