‘In 2016, I saw an opportunity when I noticed large automotive manufacturers become increasingly uncomfortable with their position in the market after the unveiling of Tesla’s Model 3. I can pinpoint this launch as the catalyst for the Volta Trucks vision. You can see what Tesla did for cars. Volta Trucks can do the same for commercial vehicles.
Ultimately, my real desire is to make Volta Trucks more than just one possible solution to transport decarbonisation. Rather, to be a genuine catalyst for change for the whole marketplace. My true goal is to inspire the rest of the sector to join us in the fight against climate change.’
Carl-Magnus Norden, Founder
Volta Trucks is excited to be launching our very first Early Careers Placement Programme to recruit talented individuals who want to join us in the fight to make our cities more sustainable. By joining this programme, alongside your day job where you will receive on the job training, you will also benefit from a comprehensive learning and development plan, mentoring and group projects which will give you exposure to our senior leaders.
We have an opportunity for our first placement student to join our Manufacturing Engineering (Man Eng) team. The role will give you a good insight of the daily work of Man Eng and will be designed with an internal rotation within the Manufacturing Department.
What our team does
We have 4 primary elements to the Man Eng team;
• Product – Ensure Design for Assembly (DFA) of the product. We use CAD/digital and physical builds to secure the assembly verification
• Production Process – Ensure a timely integration of new products and changes into the manufacturing facilities
• Adaptations – delivering the unique customisations to our standard products driven by our eclectic customer base
• Developing our Quality Management systems
What you will learn
• The daily work of an automotive Manufacturing Engineer
• How both product and process development in UK based office and in our contract manufacturing partner located in Steyr, Austria, are working
• Our methodology for continuous improvements
• To deliver specific activities to a given process/task
• How a start-up/scale-up work in a hybrid working model