Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Charging Solution Engineer to join our Charging Infrastructure at TaaS (Truck as a Service)
Please note: Due the nature of this role, candidate located anywhere in Germany are welcome to apply. Only applicants with fluent German speaking skills. Frequent travel to installation sites is required.
What you will do:
We are looking for Charging Solution Engineer, to support our fast-growing TaaS (Truck as a Service) team, visiting customer sites to analyse their requirements for charging infrastructure, design optimized EV charging solutions to enable electrical fleet operation. You will :
- Visit customer sites, collect data, verify electrical installations at customers' premises in order to validate compliance with electricity needs.
- Provide charging infrastructure consulting, and propose solution design including electrical plan, electrical cabinet, substation, cable routes, charging space etc.
- Create, develop, and implement an installation strategy that can be rolled out across the existing infrastructure.
- Optimize solution according to timeline and costs.
- Coordinate hardware and software tenders on behalf of our customers.
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers, challenge quality, cost and schedule of suppliers solution to obtain optimized services.
We would like you to have:
- Electrician qualifications, technical background.
- Experience of work on similar site assessment for electrical installation projects.
- Experience managing DNO and iDNO providers, civil work or electrical work suppliers.
- Strong understanding of electrical grid system, distribution, high/medium/low voltage systems, and commercial, industrial installations.
- Confidence to work closely with Sales and key customers.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Good Spoken and written German, English is a plus.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.