Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Quality Function. The role is flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and play a crucial role in shaping the supplier quality development within the business areas relating to customers and suppliers.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Senior SQA Engineer, the role will focus on the Supplier Quality development of multi platform box variants and will be responsible for managing the Suppliers’ APQP details and signing off component PPAPs.
• Ensuring the completion of PPAP with Part Submission Warrant sign off
• Conducting and managing the supplier audits
• Supporting and assisting with problem solving activities with suppliers and countermeasure and 8D activities.
• Managing the issues at suppliers and the contract manufacturing facility
• Supporting component Design for Manufacture studies and vehicle standard settings
• Ensuring successful delivery of project requirements whilst working with the development team.
• Attending regular visits to the suppliers
We would like you to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably within Engineering or equivalent experience (desirable)
• Experience and knowledge of supplier assessments, audits, problem solving, APQP, FMEA, 8D, 6 Sigma and automotive standards.
• Knowledge and experience within automotive and quality manufacturing capacity
• Understanding of key cost drivers in manufacturing
• Good negotiation and time management skills
• Ability to work at a fast paced and be able to travel to supplier sites regularly.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.