Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Engineer DVP Planning to join our Vehicle Integration team. This role will be based on site at Mira in Nuneaton, Warwickshire
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Lead the delivery of the Design Verification Plan & Reporting (DVP&R) for the existing and new projects at major systems and vehicle level
- Overseeing the component and system level plans across the delivery functions
- Support consolidation of vehicle attribute and component requirements in the Volta’s requirements management tool (Valisapce)
- Populate the validation methods to map out the closure of the requirements with support from Subject Matter Experts
- Report the DVP&R status by tracking the progress and highlighting the gaps to completion and Programme risks
- Consolidate the test plan driven in the master DVP (Including DFMEA links)
- Lead regular discussions with the Vehicle Fleet Controller to plan and organise test schedules
- Lead and supervise data analysts to integrate the relevant data fromdifferent tools/systems into the master DVP
- Develop the DVP management system to report the DVP status efficiently and oversee the IT support required to deliver new systems
- Support benchmarking test plan and report the benchmarking status
We would like you to have:
- Sound experience in product development with a strong focus on DVP planning and reporting, whole vehicle testing and development
- Experience and working understanding of vehicle and component level test techniques
- Good knowledge of vehicle proving grounds and facilities in the UK and abroad
- Advanced user of MS office tools such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word with strong analytical knowledge
- Proven problem solver with good planning skills, logical reasoning and attention to detail
- Experience of project management and task planning in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience of delivering projects to demanding cost, time and quality requirements
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.