Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Instrumentation engineer to join our Vehicle Integration team. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
What you will do:
- Support the preparation, management, delivery, installation and execution of instrumentation and DAQ activities in support of DVP completion.
- Manage the instrumentation asset register to ensure all instrumentation is recorded and calibration certificates are in date.
- Manage the calibration of all the modules and sensors and coordinating with external calibration services with a longer-term goal of bringing calibration in-house.
- Selection and procurement of suitable sensors to collect the required data.
- Support Budgetary preparation for Instrumentation including Capital, consumable and calibrations budgets.
We would like you to have:
- Experience in all aspects of instrumentation fitting, repair, servicing, and calibration. Experience with Dewesoft Instrumentation equipment would be preferred but not essential.
- Experience in high voltage systems preferable. High voltage safety training will be provided as a part of the induction regardless of previous experience.
- Experience in bus and truck fitting work preferable.
- Willingness to support test and development activities around the world.
- Experience with logging vehicle networks CAN, XCP, LIN etc
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.