Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Project Engineer – Vision Systems to join our Electrical Engineering / Cockpit Electronics department. This is a hybrid role split between our Nuneaton (Mira) site and remote working.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Design and develop vision systems for truck applications, deciding whether to re-use, make or buy.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new technologies and trends in vision systems SW and HW and apply this knowledge to improve our products.
- Collaborate with systems engineers to ensure HW & SW is specified for to meet customer requirements and optimal system performance for the best user experience.
- Conduct feasibility studies, risk assessments, and cost-benefit analyses to determine the best hardware design approach.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including BOMs, schematics, device transmittals, hardware design specifications.
- Plan and manage the hardware release process, including defining release scope, timelines, and deliverables.
- Ensure HW and SW is released on time for all the relevant prototype vehicle build phases up to and including SOP.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans to mitigate potential HW and SW release risks.
- Analyse and optimize camera system performance under various driving condition, ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Develop and execute component and vehicle level DVP test plan, ensuring test assets and facilities are booked as required, to ensure the component development progress is aligned to Volta Trucks product lifecycle and related certification / homologation gateways.
- Lead the investigation and collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve vision systems issues and ensure relevant containments and countermeasures are implemented, whilst ensuring detailed RCA is conducted with prevent re-occurrence methods addressed.
We would like you to have:
- Experience in at least one visions systems (surround view, digital side mirrors, reverse / rear view cameras), having delivered hardware and software across the full product development cycle, on at least one full vehicle developments.
- Familiarity with automotive electrical systems and protocols such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, and USB and camera sensors and interfaces such as LVDS and FPD-Link
- Experience with hardware testing and debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and image processing SW
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards and regulations: ISO 26262 and GSR
- Strong understanding of hardware release processes and methodologies.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.