Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Technical Trainer, to develop and deliver our training program in Germany.
Please Note: Due the nature of this role, applicants within the Rhine-Ruhr region are welcome to apply. Fluency in the German language is a must, working knowledge of English is also required.
What you will do:
You will be working along with the Technical Training Manager to create, develop, deliver the technical training programs and make the department grow.
- Working together with the Training Manager you will help plan and set up a modern training centre, part of the set up will be to include the use of modern technological tooling and equipment and the establishment of digital platforms for easy access to training material.
- As a Volta TaaS Aftersales Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering technical training programmes as well as electrical vehicle training to service centre technicians and aftersales specialists.
- You will use your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to help develop learner focused training courses and incorporate the use of digital technologies during in class training and remote online learning.
- Compile, complete and retain training records and rosters and help set up training standards, training systems, and training workflow processors.
- Help with the adaption of all training and learning material to support European markets.
- Collate and assess training course requests and proposals from colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
We would like you to have:
- We are looking for a Technical Trainer with experience and a passion for the automotive industry, with practical skills preferably in the commercial vehicle environment.
- Excellent technical ability and ideally come from a commercial vehicles technical training background.Be a good communicator and easily able to coach others.
- Have recognised training certification and training accreditation.
- Understands the link between assessment tools and learning and development.Willing to travel to Europe to conduct training from time to time.
- Good understanding of a training department.
- A successful track record in the automotive training and/or aftermarket operations backed with some good experience
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.