Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Logistics Engineer - Inbound to join our fast-growing Logistics and supply chain function. The role offers flexible working, and your time will be split between our new offices in Reading (1-2 days per week) and working remote.
What you will do:
Reporting into Inbound Logistics Manager, you will play a key role within the logistics and supply chain functions ensuring the Volta Trucks in-bound network is established, implemented, and continually evolving to help achieve key company objectives.
- Play an integral role in developing and optimising the inbound logistics strategy
- You will be responsible for developing concepts for inbound logistics in close co-operation with procurement and contract manufacturers
- Manage, monitor, and develop inbound KPI’s and continually monitor/improve environmental performance
- Optimisation of inbound logistical costs by make/buy studies
- You will be required to develop and monitor the necessary scorecards to secure in-bound logistics in relation to carriers
We would like you to have:
- A strong understanding and experience within transport management systems and transport networks is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably in Engineering/Supply Chain/Logistics
- Previous experience within inbound logistics
- Automotive industry (Manufacturing) experience is preferred
- Knowledge and potentially experience from participation in sourcing of transports and inbound related activities
- Good understanding in the correlation of details effecting end results
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.