Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Digital Platforms team. This is a fully remote role although occasional team meetups might be requested.
This is a great opportunity to join us as we enter the next phase of our growth. You will be responsible for building complex subsystem/platform solutions that interacts with the vehicle.
We would like you to:
- Build high-quality, production-ready, robust and scalable features for Volta digital products software that ensures stakeholder trust with uncompromising security and privacy requirements
- Design the frontend SW architecture of the web app solutions. Improve code quality by writing automated unit test codes using test frameworks
- Develop & implement the frontend UI based on UI design and UX research
- Support stakeholders in formulating API contract – key stakeholders being platform team, cloud operations team, product management team and complex subsystem team
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure CyberSec and GPDR practices are followed and implemented as per company policies
We would like you to have:
- Strong experience in React, JS, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery unit testing automation tools e.g., Jest
- Proven record in delivering complex cloud native web applications in previous working experiences using CI/CD toolchain
- Experience in using Azure or AWS for deploying web applications
- Experience in web technologies like WebSockets (client), APIs, MQTT, etc.
- Experience in and passion for automotive is a plus
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We’ve designed a safe truck to help make our cities a safer place for everyone, We want to create the safest culture for our people by having each individual own safety & take charge
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.