Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Engineer – Infotainment Hardware to join our Electrical Engineering / Cockpit Electronics department. This is a hybrid role split between our Nuneaton (Mira) site and remote working.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- Design and develop hardware components for infotainment systems, including touchscreen displays, instruments clusters, headunits / domain controllers, and other relevant infotainment hardware components.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new technologies and trends in infotainment hardware and apply this knowledge to improve our infotainment products.
- Collaborate with software engineers to ensure HW is specified for optimal system performance for the best user experience.
- Conduct feasibility studies, risk assessments, and cost-benefit analyses to determine the best hardware design approach
- Plan and manage the hardware release process, including defining release scope, timelines, and deliverables.
- Ensure HW is released on time for all the relevant prototype vehicle build phases up to and including SOP.
- Coordinate with software engineers to ensure hardware and software releases are aligned, especially where software has a dependency on the hardware maturation
- Monitor and track product release progress and provide regular status updates to management and stakeholders.
- Develop and execute component and vehicle level DVP test plan, ensuring test assets and facilities are booked as required, to ensure the component development progress is aligned to Volta Trucks product lifecycle and related certification / homologation gateways.
- Provide technical support to other team members (SW engineers) and other departments, including systems engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
We would like you to have:
- Experience in Infotainment hardware (displays, headunit or cluster), having delivered
- Hardware across the full development cycle, on at least one, ideally two full vehicle developments.
- Familiarity with automotive electrical systems and protocols such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet, and USB.
- Experience with hardware testing and debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, and signal generators.
- Strong understanding of hardware release processes and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.