Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an HGV Test Driver to support us in our early testing programs for customers in Duisburg, Germany.
We are recruiting for qualified HGV Drivers to work across Duisburg on a permanent basis. Our drivers will be expected to work closely with our vehicle technicians and engineers reporting malfunctions, conducting vehicle tests and be part of our first client pilots programs. As part of the role, you will also be expected to support the service centre working call out and weekends (based on a fair rota)
What you will do:
- Operate test vehicles in real-world conditions and on public roads accompanied by customers drivers.
- Support in developing new drive routes to target specific conditions and use cases.
- Proactively raise and document all customer issues to stakeholders.
- Perform basic pre & post drive vehicle safety check of the vehicles.
- Support other vehicle engineering requests that might come up including logistics, supporting technicians, etc..
We would like you to have:
- Ability to safely operate HGV vehicles 6+ hours a day while still maintaining attention to detail
- Customer-focussed mindset with a strong ability to communicate with stakeholders across the business
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment to achieve common challenging goals with positive attitude
- Must have valid HGV driver’s license and clean driving record
- Fluent in German (essential) and English (desirable)
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.