Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Lead Buyer - Chassis Systems to join our Direct Purchasing team. The role is flexible with a mix of hybrid working and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and play a crucial role in shaping the short- and long-term contract frameworks for key business areas relating to customers, suppliers, partnerships, service providers and commercial.
What you will do:
You will report into the Principal Buyer for Chassis and will lead a sub-team within the Chassis team. This sub-team will be responsible for Chassis Systems (Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres, Cab Mounts, Fixings).
• Responsible for leading delivery of end-to-end commodity management, from concept, development & sourcing, through to operational supply performance management and runout/exit strategies
• Develop & execute global procurement strategies on global chassis systems, within a dynamic supply chain environment, to ensure supply stability, strategic decision making as the business scales up production and for it’s long-term goals for growth
• Lead and drive strong supplier relationship management with incumbent supply partners and develop new potential supplier relationships, by influencing senior stakeholders and supporting escalation to drive optimal resolutions
• Responsible for delivering industry leading contract management via effective negotiation and supplier performance management
• Be responsible for system level cost ownership & risk management, reporting new risk’s, opportunities and mitigative measures
• Accountable for ensuring procurement focused KPI deliverables are delivered as a team, supporting the wider direct procurement and organisation objectives for the year
We would like you to have:
• Significant experience in direct procurement in a manufacturing/production-based environment, ideally within automotive or aerospace, but not essential
• Proven track record of achieving results via effective negotiation in a commercially lead situation or a value engineering-based approach
• Highly experienced with end-to-end supply chain management (sourcing, delivery and operational performance monitoring) in a complex and fast-paced environment, ideally withing global commodities
• Ability to help others understand key cost drivers in manufacturing and supply chain management, to optimise cost’s and deliver value
• Evidence of being able to develop and implement complex multi-system strategies to optimise cost, rationalise supply base, minimise risk and deliver increased value in technical attributes/performance
• Experience of managing and developing individuals is highly desirable
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.