Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Durability Attribute Lead to join our Vehicle Build & Attributes department. This is a hybrid role split between our Nuneaton site at Mira and remote working.
What you will do:
- You will Lead the attribute development processes and strategies for vehicle durability across all Volta’s products.
- You will take ownership of durability attributes including Supporting requirements definition, corrosion standards, reliability predictions and physical validation.
- Develop and implement a vehicle durability strategy that is aligned with the generic product development timing plan to ensure robust durability of Volta products that meet customer expectations
- Lead the definition of the vehicle durability & reliability targets and validation standards for each project, seeking agreement from the Vehicle Attributes and Development Lead
- Lead a technology roadmap of a robust durability strategy and underlying processes with the integration of industry standard analytical and physical engineering tools
Plan and manage CAE and testing activities for each project and ensure the integrated durability validation plan is executed
Lead the prototype and test planning responsibilities, including prototype justification and test budget discussions with program team
We would like you to have:
- Significant experience in product development with focus on vehicle durability, structural and powertrain durability
- Extensive knowledge of Durability attribute toolset, metrics and enablers
Hands-on experience and understanding of durability test techniques
Understanding of durability CAE techniques and interpreting analysis results
Previous experience in the utility/commercial/heavy vehicle sector and xEV projects is advantageous
Good knowledge of vehicle proving grounds and facilities in the UK and abroad
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.