Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Public Funding Lead to support its ambition to expand rapidly into new markets across Europe. This is an opportunity to join our Policy and Public Affairs team, this role can be based anywhere in Europe.
What you will do:
As Public Funding Lead you will identify public funding opportunities for Volta Trucks and its customers and help local sales teams as well as customers directly to apply for and receive these subsidies across different European countries, in particular Germany, UK, France, Spain and Nordic countries.
- You will have the responsibility for getting access to the diverse public funding landscape available across various European countries for Volta Trucks and our customers in making a quick transition to electric trucks for urban delivery.
- Gather knowledge of the various funding schemes throughout our markets and disseminate this knowledge both internally as well as externally to our customers.
- Establishing internal processes between Sales, TaaS, Finance, Strategy and P&PA to ensure alignment between departments, the share of information, and reinforce our capacity to draft successful applications for/on behalf of our clients.
- Work in close collaboration with sales, establishing external processes between Volta Trucks and our customers ensuring they dispose of all relevant and up-to-date information about public funding.
- Directly managing important application processes of Volta Trucks or its customers and financing partners, with the help of specialised agencies.
Embedded within the Policy & Public Affairs Team, you will also identify and address, together with the local Policy & Public Affairs leads, political and regulatory opportunities and threats in order to obtain the optimal public funding regulatory framework for the electrification of urban delivery trucks.
We would like you to have:
- Experience in identifying and applying to national government and local authority funding in the area of electromobility and electric charging infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the organisations that facilitate and fund research projects for the development of future technology in the commercial vehicles sector in the relevant markets.
- Project management skills to help embed public funding opportunities in the internal commercial processes of Volta Trucks.
- Fluency in English Essential, and in one or several of the languages in our key markets (German, French, Spanish).
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.