Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Tech Intelligence Lead to join our Truck As A Service Department. This is a full remote position depending where you're are based.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will benchmark existing and upcoming technologies related to energy and charging landscapes
- Identify existing and potential future charging infrastructure and energy hardware products in Volta trucks entry markets
- Identify existing and potential future charging infrastructure and energy software products in Volta trucks entry markets
- Perform tests on identified energy and charging technological products
- Maintain templates, log suppliers, track technological components and sub-components, define processes
- Support activities linked to selected technological products (hardware and software) that will be part of Volta’s E&CI offered portfolio of products
We would like you to have:
- Mechanical, Aeronautics or (preferably) Electrical engineering degree
- Experience with a background in automotive, trucks, aircrafts, energy or infrastructure sectors.
- Management experience and the ability to work with international and cross-functional teams both internally and at clients.
- Deep understanding of charging related technologies (i.e. charging stations, load management systems, hybrid energy management systems), applicable industry standards, means and methods to deploy, develop and test charging installations and systems energy management capable system
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.