Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer (Cab structure/trim) to join our Manufacturing Engineering department. The role is based in Austria at our partners manufacturing facility in Steyr.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will be able to make an impact and contribute towards the manufacturing strategy from day one. You will take ownership for your own work area and support the area through launch and series production.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Principal Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the industrialisation of the cab trim area at the facility in Steyr, from concept through to series production.
- You will be tasked with ensuring manufacturing attributes, requirements and strategies are related to product development including related costs
- Responsible for securing DFA (Design for Assembly) to enable and improve manufacturability of our products
- Secure verification of assembly solutions – both virtual and physical
- Ensure product and process feedback to R&D to fulfil manufacturing strategy and attributes – quality, labour costs, cost efficiencies, environment, change-over and flexibility
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with wider Manufacturing Engineering team and other business functions across different geographies
- Create and update assembly sequences and standard process sheets
We would like you to have:
- Previous experience working within similar role – Manufacturing Engineer
- Automotive industry experience is essential (Low/medium volume desirable)
- Knowledge of virtual development and experience using 3DX, Catia v6, Delmia is desirable
- Sound knowledge and understanding of production methods and tools including processes for the Cab Trim area – tightening, lifting tools, ergonomics and workplace layouts for assembly
- Ability to speak fluent German and English is essential for this role
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.