Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior International Lawyer to join our Legal team. The role is based in Sweden and flexible with a mix of remote working and occasional travel to Volta sites across Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and play a crucial role in shaping the short- and long-term contract frameworks for key business areas relating to customers, suppliers, partnerships, service providers and commercial.
What you will do:
Working cross-functionally and collaboratively you will manage our Truck-as-a-service contractual framework across Europe. You will work on iterations of the contracts as part of continuous improvement and negotiate effectively with clients as we roll-out TaaS across Europe.
- Draft, negotiate, set-up and finalise Volta Trucks contractual framework and strategy relating to our Truck-as-a-Service function working closely and in collaboration with key stakeholders across the business and legal advisors.
- Provide effective ongoing legal support and advice to the business relating to financing agreements/structures, charging infrastructure, leasing agreements, data, commercial, The Volta Zero driving experience programme and certified service providers & partners.
- Ensure alignment on key terms with all parties involved – working group, customers, partners, and advisors.
- Draft, set up and maintain contractual frameworks and processes and continually develop these as the business expands and evolves.
- Support and facilitate contractual set-up, negotiations, execution and manage contractual events across all our geographies, highlighting risks and mitigation plans.
We would like you to have:
- Professional qualifications enabling the practice of law/legal across Europe.
- Previous legal/contractual framework development across Europe is essential.
- Experience of work on inter-related contract structures involving manufacturing, services, financing, insurance, and construction including commercial and technical guarantees
- Demonstrable experience of working and negotiating across multiple jurisdictions
- Tenacity in explaining Legal principles to Customers and supporting Sales by providing a confident delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential and ability to speak English is mandatory.
- Ability to speak other languages is highly desirable i.e. German/French
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.