Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Supplier Relationship Manager to join our fast-growing Indirect Procurement team.
Reporting into the Indirect Senior Purchasing Manager, you will manage the commercial relationship of key strategic suppliers across Volta Trucks.
What you will do:
- Develop a strategic approach to manage nominated Suppliers/Contracts
- Ensure full alignment with Procurement and business teams
- Plan, manage and report Contractual Commercials, Relationship, Performance and Risk for nominated Suppliers
- Monitor spend and projected cost against nominated Contracts, highlighting significant variances and taking effective contractual measures to bring under control
- Develop appropriate performance measures for the SRM arrangement with nominated Suppliers
- Lead periodic Contract compliance reviews in collaboration with Suppliers and Key Stakeholders, to develop, implement and manage nominated supplier Continuous Improvement plans
We would like you to have:
- Proven experience in a managerial position within a SRM/Contract/Supplier Management/Sourcing function with knowledge across multiple Categories, such as IT, Logistics and Professional Services
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Contract Management, Relationship Management, Performance Management and Risk Management services
- Proficient in negotiation strategies and different commercial cost models, and how they are applied and managed
- In-depth understanding of Contractual commercial terms (e.g., Warranties, IPRs, liabilities and Data Protection)
- Ability to influence internally and externally with organisational change experience.
- Experience in defining, implementing, and leading Supplier Management governance forums required to manage the Commercial Relationship with, and performance of Suppliers
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.