Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join our fast-growing Indirect Procurement team.
Reporting into the Regional Procurement Lead (EU), you will help support the regional spend, sourcing activity and development/implementation of the strategy for the EU region. You will be aligned with the central sourcing teams to manage activity, providing European market expertise. As a Sourcing Specialist, you will have the opportunity to help shape, develop the function, and play a key role in supporting our revolutionary Truck as a Service (TaaS) platform and the outsourced manufacturing operation across Europe.
What you will do:
- Support the Regional Procurement Lead (EU) with the development and implementation of sourcing plans. Ensure they are delivered with agreed targets, objectives and provided with recommendations
- Good understanding of contractual terminology and ability to solve/mitigate inherent risks
- Identify opportunities in the supply base to reduce costs/add value and develop regional category plans feeding into our global category strategy
- Support the European sourcing pipeline including TaaS, strengthen business & supplier requirements in the continued successful delivery of the outsourced manufacturing agreement
- Key areas/categories involved will be varied, however, will be focussed on supporting our TaaS and outsourced manufacturing teams. Projects will typically consist of Capex/Opex requirement for our Maintenance and Service network, Spare parts distribution and Charging infrastructure/Energy, vehicle branding and adaptions
- Ensure smooth integration between sourcing teams, purchasing operations and vendor management teams
- Support and coaching of junior members of the team
We would like you to have:
- Experience within Indirect procurement categories
- Broad understanding of category management and associated procurement best practice
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken) is essential
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.