Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Senior Project Engineer Series Engineering – Body Exteriors to join our Body & Trim department. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
- To lead the design, development, and engineering support of interior content on current model programmes. Specifically, to achieve technical targets and attributes extending to cost, quality, time, and support of continued manufacturing output.
- Resolution of current production part issues as they arise, implementing containments as priority and following up with countermeasure releases.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking existing or emerging open concerns whether from build, testing, audit or warranty.
- Resolve complex technical issues using problem solving tools for example 6-Sigma, 8D, Pareto, DOE.
- Engage and lead in cross functional reviews with various function groups as required.
- Negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues.
- Support with technical expertise at cost/weight down forums
We would like you to have:
- Excellent organisational, data management & visual communication skills.
- Mechanical, systems or automotive engineering degree – 2:1 or above
- Catia V5/V6 experience a benefit,
- A committed, logical team worker, happy in a cross functional environment with a variety of backgrounds and skillsets.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of Tier 1 supplier delivery & project management of a major vehicle program with an APQP or similar framework.
- Proven track record in an OEM or Tier 1 with a high level of technical knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in automotive, aerospace or equivalent.
- Experience of high volume and niche vehicle (low volume) programmes.
Our culture and Valued Behaviours:
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.