Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a (Senior Plant Quality Engineer) to join our Quality Department. The role requires a mix of travel to Volta sites across Europe, occasional travel to our Head office in the UK and remote working.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute and make a difference from day one.
Reporting to the Plant Quality Lead, you will be responsible for assessing and reporting the quality results and ensuring that our completed vehicles meet quality standards.
What you will do:
• Working with engineering (Design & Manufacturing Engineers) to drive the development of DFMEA, PFMEA, and Control plan.
• Developing processes by assessing quality systems and manufacturing to ensure the vehicles meeting quality standards
• Working with engineering (Design & Manufacturing Engineers) to drive the development of vehicle Fit and Finish standards.
• Leading customer audits through the development phases and during production
• Accountable for manufacturing concern management and assist problem solving with 8D, 5Y
• Actively promote continuous improvement: including lean, six-sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error proofing), measurement system analysis and PFMEA.
• Leadership and support for other projects as required
We would like you to have:
• Significant quality experience within manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
• Experience with using APQP phases and PPAP requirements within new product introduction
• Ability to influence and manage stakeholders
• Ability to lead with clear & concise communication
• Experience in the development of manufacturing quality documentation
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
• We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
• We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
• We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
• You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
• You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
• Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.