Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a Customisation Buyer to join our Purchasing team. This is a hybrid role split between our head offices in Reading, remote working and our contract manufacturing partners facility in Austria.
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the manufacturing strategy for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will be working closely with the customisation team to develop and implement customised systems requirements keeping a technical and strategic approach to deliver the best solutions for Volta Trucks in terms of quality, cost and timing. You will be part of the customisation team.
- Manage multiple sourcing projects during the sourcing and delivery phase ensuring all programme requirements are achieved
- Drive cost optimisation activities to deliver the best value for Volta Trucks
- Support the development and execution of purchasing strategies to deliver both department and organisational objectives, which are outlined and reported via clear KPI’s
- Define, report and deliver end-to-end strategic commodity management for your commodity scope
- Lead supplier engagement, sourcing, contract management (for prototype and production supply) and performance monitoring
- Deliver effective supply chain management throughout your supply base to support global production requirements, while ensuring key risks are identified, monitored and mitigated
- Influence key decisions and develop strong relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external) in the best interest of Volta Trucks
We would like you to have:
- Experienced within direct procurement/Production purchasing
- A proven track record of end-to-end supply base management within Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Broad experience within manufacturing – preferably automotive industry
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to simplify complex data
- Experience in Commercial Vehicle customisation
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.